Asked by Aruna Wickaramasinghe from Sri Lanka | Sep. 09, 2014 11:51
About:Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka

Transit visa in Hongkong

My name is Aruna Wickramasinghe and currently I am holding a residense Permit in China main land ,valid till June 2015. As per my company requirments I need to attend meetings at our head office in Hongkong. I have tried to obtain Hongkong visa from China main and but it was not granted and requested to apply through PRC embassy in Sri Lanka. It would be appreciated if you can advise me the document required to apply for transit type and whether I need to be physically present in embassy to apply the same. Thanks!

Answers (1)
Answered by Jonas from Philippines | Sep. 11, 2014 01:46
It is not needed to go back to Sri Lanka for applying that for HK.

If you are in Beijing, you can apply at the HKSAR Beijing Office at No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District. If you live in other places, you are suggested to apply through mail. You can mail all your application documents to HK Immigration Department for applying. You can apply for a Visit/Transit Type. For applying this type, you need to provide your valid passport, application form with recent taken photo, round trip tickets to HK and your bank statement for HK.
It is not necessary to apply in person.
Related Questions:
72 hours guangzhou
Asked by erik from denmark
| Nov. 01, 2018 04:59
Hanoi - Beijing - Hongkong - Hanoi: qualify for 144 hours transit?
Asked by Loc Nguyen from Switzerland
| Jan. 16, 2018 03:26
how can I apply for a transit visa to HongKong?
Asked by ushari abeywardene from Australia
| Oct. 24, 2013 03:12
Can I fly from Hongkong to Beijing then back to Hongkong without a visa ?
Asked by Jane from U.K.
| Jul. 13, 2016 22:23
Returning to the same place.
Asked by Gerry King from Australia
| Nov. 23, 2017 21:33
Asked by Tiffany from USA
| Aug. 14, 2018 06:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)