Asked by Eswar from India.. USA | Aug. 25, 2014 03:46
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Transit thru Hong Kong; do I need a Transit Visa or permit?

I hold US passport and will be passing thru HongKong in September on the way from India to USA. I will leave by a connecting flight within 24 hours. My passport expires in November. Does the 6 month rule apply? Will i be allowed to leave the Airport? Is there any free sight seeing tour available, similar to what is available in Singapore?

Answers (1)
Answered by Blake from Singapore | Aug. 25, 2014 20:50
There is no strict limitation on the valid of your passport for you just stay for around 24 hours in HK, so personally speaking, you will be allowed to leave the airport. If you are still not sure, you are suggested to consult the HK Immigration Department directly.
There is no free sightseeing tours available. There is a Big Bus Tour in that city, but it is charges.
Related Questions:
Vancouver, Canada transit thru Bejing to Hong Kong.
Asked by Linda Carson from Canada
| Aug. 22, 2017 15:11
do i need visa to transit thru Beijing
Asked by hamida from canada
| Nov. 15, 2012 02:28
I hold a pakistani passport and also have a Canadian PR Card. Do I need a t...
Asked by shehab from Canada
| Apr. 12, 2013 03:56
Do I need a transit visa Liberian for Hong Kong ?
Asked by jongjin joo from Liberia
| Oct. 29, 2017 22:44
Im Angolan citizen, and i need to travel to Vietnam from Angola via Hong Ko...
Asked by Holden from Angola
| Jan. 12, 2018 01:05
Hello. I am a Ghanaian student in japan traveling to Canada for an educatio...
Asked by Zakaria Abdul-Razak from Japan
| Jun. 11, 2017 21:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)