Asked by Daniel Newport from Australia | May. 07, 2014 23:27
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

72 hour eligibility?

I am an Australian passport holder.
I am currently in Phuket, Thailand.
On June the 5th I fly direct to Shanghai and stay for 54 hours.
I want to leave the Airport as I have a Hotel booked in town.
On the 7th I fly to LA with a 2 hour layover in Tokyo.
Will I need to get a visa or will I be eligible for the free 72 hour pass? If I am eligible do I just tell the customs staff that checks my passport in Shanghai or is there another process.
Thanks greatly for your help

Answers (1)
Answered by Iris from UK | May. 08, 2014 03:53
Hi, you can avail 72 hour free transit in Shanghai without problem. Just tell the carrier airline about this, and leave with them your information. The free transit permit will be issued on arrival at Shanghai airport showing your passport and onward flight ticket.
Related Questions:
Dual nationality UK and Pakistan visa of destination country is on Pakistan...
Asked by Imran Saif from United Kingdom
| Sep. 25, 2017 09:10
Stop over in Guangzhou prior to going to Beijing (72 hour visa free transit...
Asked by Jonathan from UK
| May. 18, 2016 10:52
Flying Into & Out of GZ
Asked by GZtoUS from USA
| Dec. 12, 2015 11:55
Multi-city layover eligible for 72 hour visa-free transit?
Asked by Jacob from USA
| Oct. 17, 2017 18:16
We are NZ ers travelling back from London via Shanghai staying 76 hours do ...
Asked by Brenda from New Zealand
| Apr. 06, 2015 04:20
Canada - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Canada
Asked by BC from Canada
| Jan. 10, 2014 02:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)