Asked by James from USA | Aug. 02, 2013 19:02
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

Application for American from Japan

Hello all, I am a student who will be studying abroad in Japan for a year, and I would like to visit China with my girlfriend while I am there. It is my understanding that I will have to go through a travel agency, but under what conditions would a visa be required for me?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lori from Canada | Aug. 02, 2013 22:00
Hi, you need to apply for a Chinese visa if you plan to visit mainland PRC. You are right that the application should be done through a travel agency from the Chinese embassy/consulate.
But as you hold US passport, you can enjoy free transit for 72 hours in Beijing or Shanghai or Guangzhou if you fly via those cities to a third country, eg. Tokyo-Beijing-NY.
Related Questions:
I am an American citizen living abroad and have filled out the tourist visa...
Asked by Dom from USA
| Apr. 27, 2016 21:01
I am an American citizen living in Northern Japan with a few questions. I ...
Asked by Mr.Ryan from Japan
| Aug. 25, 2009 21:50
I'm an American passport holder can I apply for Chinese L visa in S. Korea ...
Asked by MP from USA
| May. 18, 2017 04:36
I want a visa to travel in China but I was wondering how much it would cos...
Asked by Mary McElroy from America
| Dec. 30, 2013 02:20
unable to file due to time
Asked by gary from japan
| Jun. 02, 2012 03:40
Hi, I am an American Military member living in Okinawa, Japan. I would lik...
Asked by Mrs.Bogan from USA
| Feb. 06, 2011 00:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)