Asked by Matt from Taiwan | Mar. 03, 2013 22:40
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Can I get a transit visa for each time through Beijing?

I will be flying from Taiwan to Beijing on June 29 arriving at 16:25 and leaving the next day at 09:00 to fly to NYC. I would like to visit a friends house for the night. I plan on going to my friends house on the return on August 8 arriving at 14:20 from NYC and leaving the next day at 08:35 heading to Taiwan. So I would be spending a night each time at a friends house in Beijing. Is that okay under the 72 hour transit visa? I have an American passport and will be traveling with my Taiwanese wife. Also, is a full page required for the 72 hour transit visa? Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Lily from Switzerland | Mar. 04, 2013 00:20
According to the policy, you must provide confirmed ticket to the third country or region when applying for the visa-free transit permit. Hong Kong is regarded as 'third region' but I haven't read whether Taiwan is regarded as 'third region' too. I suggest you call 0086-10-56095400 for details.

If you can enjoy the 72 hours visa-free policy and you choose to stay at your friend's home, please do remember that you have to register your accommodation at the local police station.
Related Questions:
Is a transit visa needed if I go out of the airport?
Asked by Mrs.Hawkins from Australiaw
| Apr. 16, 2011 20:23
I am a US citizen, have booked a flight with American Airlines that flies t...
Asked by Brian from USA
| Apr. 19, 2017 02:55
Double transit
Asked by Khondkar Ahmed from Australia
| May. 29, 2018 20:04
Stopover to New Zealand
Asked by Catherine from United Kingdom
| Feb. 11, 2018 01:12
Can I apply the 72-hour transit within one week?
Asked by Hank Chang from USA
| Oct. 24, 2016 22:03
Indian go to Guangzhou from Hong Kong
Asked by Aijaz mahboob Khan from India
| Feb. 12, 2015 01:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)