Asked by Peter Serrano from USA | Jan. 25, 2013 06:17
About:China Visa

Can i get a tourist visa for mainland China while visiting in Hong Kong - Macau for a few days?

Hi, I am starting my 6 week Asia holiday in Hong Kong / Macau (where I hope to spend no more than a few days) and then travelling deeper into mainland China and onwards to Shangai (about two weeks travelling time) and then continuing onwards to Korea or Japan. As an American is it possible to get my tourist visa for mainland China while in Hong Kong. And if so, how long does it take? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Oscar | Jan. 26, 2013 00:07
It is possible for you, please go to the Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of China Foreign Affairs in HK for application. Also as I know, there is a travel agency within HK airport which handles application as well, and it takes few hours to get a visa to Mainland.
Related Questions:
Australian travelling to Macau/HK/mainland China
Asked by Jake from Australia
| Jan. 28, 2016 20:15
Hi, if I come to China under L Visa, am I able to visit HK and Macau?
Asked by Rahul from India
| Oct. 28, 2015 03:35
Im visiting Singapore, can i apply for tourist visa from Singapore to China...
Asked by Ms.Ana from Serbia
| Oct. 27, 2010 23:19
Can I apply for a tourist Chinese visa while visiting Hong Kong being a Bel...
Asked by Damien from Belgium
| Jul. 09, 2015 02:01
Hong Kong to China without definite plans
Asked by Deb from United States
| Nov. 06, 2017 01:13
Getting a Chinese visa while in HK?
Asked by Nancy from USA
| Sep. 08, 2012 22:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)