Asked by BiLi from China | Nov. 12, 2012 00:33
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Family Visit Visa/Residence Permit after marriage.

I am an American. I am over 60. I am currently in China on a one year multiple entry tourist (L) visa.
I am planning on getting married end of November or early December in China to a Chinese citizen.
Once we are married I want to apply for Family Visit Visa/Resident Permit.

Do I go to the Public Security Bureau where my certificate of temporary residence was issued and apply there? Or do I go to Immigration?
What documents will I need?
What documents will she need?
How long will it take to recieve the Family Visit Visa/Resident Permit?
Is it listed in as a seperate Visa or part of the Tourist Visa?

Thank you for your response. B.G.

Answers (1)
Answered by Hank | Nov. 12, 2012 00:43
You may just apply for it from the Public Security Bureau. The documents needed include yoru passport, Temporary Registration Form, Very recent photographs, your marriage certificate and your wife's Chinese ID card. The application will take 3-week to process. It is indeed part of the tourist visa.
Related Questions:
family Visit Visa / Resident Permit
Asked by Fei from Singapore
| Apr. 27, 2012 04:21
Question abt marriage
Asked by Cathrine from Norway
| Dec. 20, 2015 21:23
What kind of marriage certificate should I have?
Asked by Becky from USA
| Dec. 27, 2017 02:34
are we entitled for family visit visa?
Asked by Bea ang from Japan
| Mar. 15, 2016 20:39
Marriage and permit in China
Asked by Kelly from Nigeria
| Oct. 23, 2016 07:44
Marriage and Settlement in Foreign country. my name is Shamly born Feb 22 1...
Asked by Shamly from India
| May. 29, 2013 21:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)