Asked by Heather from Canada | Jul. 21, 2012 03:16
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

visa extensions


My partner has moved here for a job and has a working visa. I currently just have a 60 day tourist visa expiring on Aug 17. I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a longer tourist visa when I apply for the extension? Or just the 30 or 60 days? Will I just have to keep applying for the short tourist visas the entire duration that we are here (at least 2 years) or will they stop allowing me extensions after a certain time period? Any help or advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Jul. 21, 2012 04:00
China tourist visa can only be extended twice in China, generally with 30 days each. After that you may need to leave and apply for a new visa in other country. If you hold Canadian passport, you can apply in HK where you are not required visa for 90 days. Anyway, it can be better if you find you a job, then you can apply for a long term work visa.
Related Questions:
Is there a PSB in Jingzhou that caters for visa extensions?
Asked by Ms.Kirsty from England
| May. 19, 2010 01:37
In one year, how many times you can apply for visa extensions?
Asked by Pravin from India
| Jan. 15, 2018 03:29
I will be staying in China for 3 months as a tourist. Which visa would be b...
Asked by Michelle from Australia
| Jun. 26, 2012 02:34
Visa Extension Possible
Asked by Kim from Thailand
| Sep. 26, 2013 03:53
Can S2/S1 visa be extended from within the tourist L type a bett...
Asked by Dariq from Saudi Arabia
| May. 04, 2016 03:09
x2 extensions
Asked by vandamme1 from France
| Aug. 20, 2018 00:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)