Asked by Padawan from Vietnam | Jun. 09, 2012 07:35
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Visa extension timing

My husband was given a 30-day tourist visa to visit me while I am on business trip for 3months. We want to extend his visa for another 30days. If his 30 days will expire on July 15 w/c is Sunday, can he apply for visa ext on July10 if the processing time for visa ext is 5days? This is so he wont lose the whole 5days in his current visa. What will happen if his visa ext will only be released on July 18?

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank | Jun. 09, 2012 22:05
You should apply for the extension about 1-5 weeks in advance at the local public security bureau. the visa extension should be released before his 30 day stay expire. If it is released several days later, I don't think there will be any problem, you can explain this to the immigration office, since maybe it is due to the work efficiency of the public security bureau.
Related Questions:
My extension tourist visa already approved for 26 days, can i apply for an0...
Asked by Hershey from china
| Aug. 12, 2012 04:11
Can I get a visa extension in china
Asked by Brian johnston from United Kingdom
| Feb. 15, 2016 00:23
Is it possible to apply for a 3 month visa extension?
Asked by Lynn from Philippines
| Aug. 09, 2016 21:10
Can an Indian National get a 30 day visa for Hong Kong?
Asked by Tasneem from India
| Sep. 03, 2013 22:07
I am an Australian living in Indonesia and need to visit urgently Qingdao f...
Asked by Russell from Indonesia
| Oct. 31, 2014 01:25
is the visa extension office working during chinese new year?
Asked by Chhavi from India
| Jan. 24, 2014 01:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)