Asked by Tatiana from Australia | May. 18, 2012 07:44
About:China Embassy in Australia

Transit visa for Australian passport holders

Hi I'm an Australian passport holder and just wondering if i'd be able to obtain a transit visa in Beijing Capital Airport if I have booked the hotel outside the transit zone and have flights to the third country. What documents should i provide and how much does it cost? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda | May. 20, 2012 02:41
If you will just stop in Beijing for less than 24 hours, you may just apply for a 24-hour stay permit from the frontier inspection station at the airport to go out of the airport to spend your night at the hotel. The documents needed are your passport and the air ticket to the third country. I'm not sure how much it costs now, but I guarantee that it won't cost too much.
Related Questions:
Picking up cruise Shanghai-Tokyo but want about 3 days in Shanghai first. ...
Asked by Jill from Australia
| Feb. 04, 2013 03:34
Hi, I will be travelling on the trans Siberian train, departing from Beijin...
Asked by Jade from Afghanistan
| Feb. 19, 2018 10:14
Do Australian passport holders require a visa for Hong Kong and Macau for h...
Asked by Ron from Australia
| Oct. 09, 2014 03:54
what‘s the current fee for an L visa and an M for australian passport holde...
Asked by david from australia
| Nov. 19, 2015 02:11
hi,just want to ask what requirements are needed for australian passport ho...
Asked by danny from Philippines
| Oct. 08, 2012 04:10
Can Australian passport holders staying on 4-5 days arriving/departing Beij...
Asked by Fiona from Australia
| Feb. 02, 2015 21:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)