Asked by AK from Sri Lanka | Feb. 22, 2012 01:46
About:Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka

Hong Kong Transit Visa

Hello! I need some information regarding Hong Kong Transit Visa. I am a Sri Lankan Citizen with a Canadian Permanent Residency. I am currently living in Canada and is planning to visit Sri Lanka in next month. On my return trip I have a 2 and 1/2 hour transit in Hong Kong and I was wondering if you would be able to tell me if I can come to Sri Lanka and apply for the Transit Visa at the Sri Lankan Chinese visa consulate office? If so how long is the process and if it is possible to get the application expedited? Please advice! Thank you so much!

Answers (1)
Answered by Eric | Feb. 22, 2012 21:25
yes, you need to apply for a Hong Kong transit visa, you can apply it through China embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It takes 4 working days for processing. You can get the application expedited if you apply fir rush service.
Related Questions:
Is there a place to apply for transit visa for Hong Kong in Guangzhou?
Asked by Mathews from Nigeria
| Oct. 22, 2013 01:00
Hong Kong to Beijing to Hong Kong. Would this be eligible for 72-hr visa fr...
Asked by RL from Australia
| Feb. 06, 2015 01:12
Do I need a transit visa Liberian for Hong Kong ?
Asked by jongjin joo from Liberia
| Oct. 29, 2017 22:44
From USA
Asked by Ana from Usa
| May. 05, 2018 17:47
Swedish passport holder
Asked by Bruce Au from Hong Kong
| Nov. 25, 2017 23:46
144 hour transit visa for the itinerary
Asked by Wayne Streeter from Australia
| Oct. 26, 2017 20:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)