Asked by Trevor from Australia | Feb. 07, 2012 20:31
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Family visit visa/residence permit

Could someone help me on this issue. I am married to a chinese national we both live here in Australia. It is our intention to travel back to China where my wife still has employment committments. My issue is, do I apply for a Family visit visa L to see my in laws then apply for a residence permit? If I travel on a Family visit visa do I need a return airline ticket? I can not find any information on wether I can apply for the Residence permit outside of china that is through the consulate here in Sydney Australia or only in China. If I am granted a Residence permit do I then cancel my return airline ticket or get a new one with an altered date.

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian from Australia | Feb. 08, 2012 20:38
Yes, you need to apply for a Family visit visa L to see your parents in laws, then try to apply for a residence permit for family visit at the local Exit-Entry Administrative Department of Public Security Bureau, maybe the application for residence permit will be denied because your wife lives in Australia, you will be issued a L visa with a longer stay duration.

If you travel on a Family Visit Visa, you don't need a return airline ticket, applicants going to China for visiting family, relative or friends, they should submit a letter of invitation and a copy of inviter's ID, they don't need to provide their ininerary or flight and hotel booking.
Related Questions:
I have residence permit from my S1 visa. Can I go back to my country to vis...
Asked by Anna from Indonesia
| Jul. 31, 2015 01:03
Can I apply multiple entry with 2 years validity for my first time China vi...
Asked by Yan(Malaysia) from Singapore
| Sep. 12, 2011 22:17
Renewing a 6 month "L" Visa
Asked by John from USA
| Apr. 11, 2013 02:36
How do i get a short visit visa to china ?
Asked by Dele Kareem from Nigeria
| May. 03, 2016 22:47
S2 residence permit
Asked by Nate from USA
| Mar. 16, 2014 02:38
Sir, I have a chinese TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT with my FAMILY, kindly adv...
Asked by Mr.Ajao from NIGERIAN
| Mar. 01, 2010 01:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)