Asked by Lorna T from UK | Feb. 04, 2012 08:37
About:China Embassy in UAE

I plan on visiting China for a week on a tourist visa to visit my son who works there.

I am a British citizen, living in Dubai, but with a residence visa in Abu Dhabi (we moved to Dubai recently from Abu Dhabi). I have two questions:
1) Do I need to apply through the Chinese embassy in Abu Dhabi or can I do through the Dubai consulate?
2) I will be travelling alone. I am a housewife and therefore not employed (my husband works). Do I still need to get a no objection letter? If so, would this be from my husband?

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank | Feb. 05, 2012 21:49
1. I think you should apply for the China visa through the Chinese embassy in Abu Dhabi, since you are holding the residence visa of Abu Dhabi.
2. Considering your situation, I think you should contact r go the the China Embassy directly to get the exact answer, since the consular officers has the final decision on your supporting documents.
Related Questions:
My son works in Beijing. I plan to visit for 10 days. Should I apply for a ...
Asked by Laura from USA
| Jul. 06, 2016 22:29
My L visa has just run out. How fast can I get a new one
Asked by Francis from Uk
| Jul. 22, 2018 10:02
How many visas do I need to visit Beijing, Macau & Hong Kong and Beijing Uk...
Asked by Jackie from England
| Feb. 08, 2014 21:56
Visa costs to visit Beijing
| Nov. 15, 2016 19:13
I'm an Indonesia currently visiting my son in Singapore and planning to vis...
Asked by Mr.Nelsen from Indonesia
| Oct. 23, 2009 01:36
S2 type is it multi entry?
Asked by Eric from Australia
| Jul. 30, 2017 22:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)