Asked by Tom | Oct. 12, 2011 06:40
About:China Work Visa

I am currently working in China (Qinhuangdao) as a college teacher, with a Residence Permit.

I am interested in changing jobs to a small, private school. They can get me a z visa,Residence Permit. But I need to know the procedures for changing jobs. The school I am at now must agree to 'release' me, correct? Once they do that, then the new school can start and complete the new Residence Permit application. Is this all correct? What if the college agrees to release me, but then the new procedure doesn't work out (does that make sense?)
Thank you for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bob | Oct. 13, 2011 22:13
Yes, the present college must agree to 'release' you, it will cancel your work permit and residence permit once the contract ends. Then the new school can start to prepare the requirements for work visa application (Alien Employment License, Official Invitation Letter), you have to return to your country to apply for a work visa, then return to China and apply for work permit and residence permit within 30 days after entry.
Related Questions:
Am Ethiopian, working in mainland china. Had a residence permit. Do i still...
Asked by Netsanet from Ethiopia
| Apr. 02, 2015 03:30
Sir, I entered china in year 2003 as a teacher (Teaching Computer Science)...
Asked by Mr.Naman from India
| Apr. 24, 2011 01:28
sir, i am holding z visa of china and working for government college in qi...
Asked by Mr.jazz from pakistan
| Feb. 28, 2011 01:19
Can my new employer send my work visa documents directly to the Chinese emb...
Asked by Tasi from USA
| May. 26, 2015 20:03
I am currently working in WeiHai, Shandong as a teacher. Where do I apply f...
Asked by Daniel from China
| Apr. 01, 2012 01:33
Change working permt into tourist visa
Asked by Kirsten from China
| Nov. 26, 2014 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)