Asked by Loyalizer from Singapore | Jul. 25, 2011 03:24
About:China Work Visa

Do I need to go to my home country to obtain an invitation letter?

I am an American citizen currently visiting family in Singapore. I have been offered a teaching job in Beijing, and have signed the offer letter, and thus the visa process has begun. However, my company is saying that I need to go to my home country (USA) in order to receive the invitation letter required for a work visa because the Chinese, in the company's words, "Will not issue an invitation letter unless you are a resident of the country you are currently in." Is this true? If it is, what other options do I have? I do not have the resources to go back to America at this. IS there a way around this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jeff from China | Jul. 25, 2011 04:44
Yes, that's true, the invitation letter will be headed to Chinese embassy or consulate over your area of residence in USA for China Z visa application. But you can try to apply from Hong Kong. Contact your employer and ask if it is acceptable by Foreign affair office to deliver the letter.
Related Questions:
any easier way to apply for the Z visa instead of returning back to my home...
Asked by ray from China
| Aug. 02, 2011 03:43
I applied for a Q2 visa last year and has since then been expired. How abou...
Asked by dia j from USA
| Nov. 03, 2014 23:53
Invitation Letter for a welfare project in China
Asked by Sayuri from Sri Lanka
| Oct. 23, 2012 04:40
applying from Hong Kong
Asked by Mary from USA
| May. 18, 2015 01:41
Hi i would like to travel to China to visit a friend who is teaching there....
Asked by renaldo from trinidad
| Aug. 08, 2018 18:24
Invitation letter. If I am just going as a tourist for 2 weeks do I need an...
Asked by Panda from Canada
| Aug. 14, 2018 19:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)