Asked by cat from China | Jun. 30, 2011 03:20
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I arrived in China on a Z visa, but the company changes its minds and won't process the residence permit for me, how can I do?

I arrived on a z visa as an accompanying family member. Now the company that sponsored the z visa and provided the documents to show at the consulate have changed their minds and will not process the residency permit and have taken back the job. My 30 days are over so am I now staying illegally even though the z visa in my passport does not say how many days it is valid (it says 000)? I have a job that can give me a visa but do I have to start from step 1 again?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELLOKITTY from Canada | Jun. 30, 2011 22:21
It's true that Z visa on your passport doesn't say how many days it is valid (it says 000). In fact, Z visa holders have to apply Residence Permit within 30 days after entry. Now, you stay in China illegally. If you have a job than can give you a visa, you have to start from step 1 again.
Related Questions:
Chinese Job
Asked by Anais from Spain
| Jun. 05, 2018 22:56
Canadian & Filipino applying for tourist visa to china in Mongolia
Asked by Guest from China
| Jul. 07, 2013 02:09
I had Z visa before. I left China for one year. What is process to renew Z...
Asked by Ray from China
| Jun. 15, 2011 04:12
Can I get a work permit without an academic degree?
Asked by Red from Israel
| Aug. 04, 2015 04:29
My visa was z catagoty type
Asked by Ragulraj from India
| Jun. 29, 2018 01:06
Extend the z visa
Asked by syed afrooz from India
| Sep. 25, 2017 04:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)