Asked by Mr.Smith from Canada | Feb. 24, 2011 12:29
About:China Tourist Visa


I am a Canadian citizen with Canada passport. I will be going to Hong Kong and am considering taking purchasing a 3 or 4 day tour from Hong Kong to Shanghai. I am wondering if I need a single entry visa ahead of time? If so can I apply for this visa while I am in Hong Kong? I read that tour groups from Hong Kong do not need the visa, but not sure if it is correct for non-residents like myself. Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Jackson | Feb. 24, 2011 21:21
You need a single entry tourist visa ahead of time, you can apply for this visa while you are in Hong Kong or in Canada. It's true that foreigners holding ordinary passports of the countries having diplomatic relations with China and on a tour to Hong Kong and Macao, and participating in group tours to the Zhu Jiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area for a stay of less than 6 days organized by the travel services legally registered in Hong Kong or Macao shall not need to apply for a visa. The Zhu Jiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area refers to the administrative area of the 10 cities below: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing, Huizhou and Shantou.

But Shanghai is not included in the Pearl River Delta Area.
Related Questions:
Hello, I am a citizen of the USA with a US passport and am a permanent r...
Asked by Mr.Craig from Canada
| Apr. 27, 2011 04:08
Canada passport holder visit Hongkong
Asked by Rosanna Wong from Canada
| Oct. 04, 2012 22:20
Chinese-Canadian, living in the US, will visit China
Asked by Shirley from USA
| May. 23, 2014 04:14
Taiwan and Canadian passport holder entering China
Asked by Betty from Canada
| Aug. 14, 2013 04:30
72 hours visting Beijing only
Asked by Romaine from Canada
| Mar. 09, 2013 02:46
Flight layover en route to Canada - Visa required?
Asked by Dean Nish from Canada
| Jun. 26, 2013 02:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)