Asked by Mr.Thomas | Feb. 08, 2011 05:52
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

I am an Australian citizen living in Taipei with a Permanent Resident Identity Card issued in Taipei.
To visit China will I need a visa or will the Identification Card and passport be sufficient. My wife and son have passports issued in Taipei along with Identification Cards and this gives them Visa-free entry to China.
If I do need to apply for a visa where should I forward the application.
Best wishes.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Mike from USA | Feb. 09, 2011 01:44
You need a tourist visa to visit China. The Permanent Residence Identity Card and Australia passport can't entitle you to enter China. I guess your wife and son hold the Entry Permit of Taiwan Residents to the Mainland, so they enjoy visa-free entry to China, Taiwai passport is not recognized by China government, Taiwan residents should hold Entry Permit of Taiwan Residents to the Mainland or China Travel Document to enter Mainland China.
Related Questions:
Hong Kong permanent resident with Home Return Permit visiting China from Au...
Asked by Newton Lee
| Mar. 23, 2018 01:32
Do i need a visa to china?
Asked by karim
| Jul. 28, 2012 04:43
Do I need a visa to travel to Macau for the day from Hong Kong?
Asked by Jim from Handley
| Feb. 27, 2014 01:49
Will I need an entry visa to visit Beijing in China with short stay in Hong...
Asked by John
| Jul. 14, 2011 02:16
I am going to hongkong for 5 days. Do i need any sort of visa?
Asked by Claire from Australia
| Jan. 07, 2013 00:41
could he can have a short visa to China mainland from HK directly?
Asked by adaluolxx79 from China
| Jul. 28, 2015 04:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)