Asked by Mr.John from USA | Sep. 14, 2010 22:12
About:Dual Nationality


I am a US citizen and three years ago I married a chinese national since that time my wife has received a US green card (valid for 10 years) which allows her to live in the US. We both work in the UAE and therefore have a valid UAE work visa. My wife travells back to China to visit her family which is not a problem considering she holds a valid UAE visa. However when I retire we intend to live in the US but make trips back to china at least once a year. With her US green card can my wife, once in China on a visit, return back to the US without trouble from the Chinese authorities at the airport? She does not hold a US passport and therefore does not have dual nationality.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Cindy from China | Sep. 14, 2010 23:15
She just get the residence permit to stay in the US but she should still keep Chinese Passport, right? No problem for her to go to China and get back if she has a Chinese passport. She is still Chinese citizen.
Related Questions:
About divorce
Asked by Peter Dyson from UK
| Jan. 20, 2016 21:41
I am single, 10/29/64, not in a relationship,how my luck will be for l love...
Asked by Ana from USA
| Jan. 29, 2014 01:35
Family visa application
Asked by Kalle from Sweden
| May. 02, 2013 01:28
Hi, I am an american citezen that just married an Mexican National. I work ...
Asked by Mr.Thomas from U.S.
| Oct. 07, 2010 00:50
do I need to find an old passport from over 14 years ago?
Asked by Lori from USA
| Nov. 05, 2014 19:53
What is "Proof of no criminal record abroad recognized by Chinese embassies...
Asked by Leroy from China
| Aug. 27, 2015 00:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)