Asked by Mr.Doe from In China | Jun. 23, 2010 04:14
About:China Work Visa

Good day,
I saw this post and found it was similar to my situation and was hoping some one could shed some light on the truth about the cancellation of Z visas.
I have been working for an English Training School for 2 years and a few months going on to 3 years but I am leaving the school on the 27th June, 2010 to go traveling. I did not give the school the full 6 weeks notice but I agreed to paid the fine (it's in my contract) of 3000 kuai for not giving proper notice.
The school is refusing to change my z visa into the 30 days L tourist visa and will only get me a 10 day L tourist. That being said i found a visa agency who will get me an L visa for the month but they are saying not to give my passport to the school as they will cancel the Z visa and make things harder to get the L visa. The school I work for on the other hand is threatening to cancel my visa without me and says if they do this it will cause problems for me. Is this true? Can the school cancel the z visa without me and if so can the visa agency still get me an L visa even if my z visa has been canceled?

Ive read a lot of forums and posts but each seems to say something different.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Simon | Jun. 24, 2010 02:46
In principal, if your work contract ended with the English training school, you and the school's principal should go to the local exit & enter department under Public Security Bureau to cancel the Z visa, however, once your work vsia is cancelled, you can only get a 10 days L visa, in fact, it is issued to you to give time for you to pack the package and exit China. If you still want to re-enter China, you should apply for a new China visa.

Now I know that you don't want to exit China, you want to get a L visa permitting 30 days stay duration, but the school doesn't agree to do you.

In fact, if you don't give the passport to your school, the Z visa will not cancelled, you can obtain a new L visa, but once you get the new L visa, your former Z visa will automatically expire
Related Questions:
Apply for Chinese double-entry visa as non-New Zealand passport holder: pos...
Asked by Benny from Netherlands
| May. 26, 2016 21:19
Travel from Hangzhou to Wuzhen
Asked by Tan from Malaysia
| Aug. 16, 2012 04:41
where can i buy good chain saw in yiwu city
Asked by dawson from Tanzania
| Aug. 12, 2012 20:22
Do I apply for this job abroad and quit my current job?
Asked by Roggie Tape from Papua New Guinea
| Jan. 25, 2017 00:22
I saw a picture of thames town or songjiang, I thought it was really a good...
Asked by Mr.HENRY from INDONESIA
| Sep. 12, 2010 03:17
financial level in beihai
Asked by fei from Qatar
| May. 25, 2011 01:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)