Asked by Mr.BKKChris from Thailand | Mar. 04, 2010 03:16
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

I am a dual citizen of an EU country and the US and am living in Bangkok with a valid work permit and visa issued into my US passport. I am planning a trip to China and a number of other countries that charge much less for EU citizens than Americans and, thus, would like to get my visas issued into my EU passport. Since my EU passport shows no evidence of entry into Thailand, and the embassy requires proof of a Thai visa, is it possible to get the visa on the basis of my EU nationality at the Chinese Embassy in Thailand? Will it suffice for me to include a copy of my work permit and visa as entered in the US passport, or would the embassy then insist on processing the application on the basis of the US passport? The other option would be for me to enter another country (e.g., Singapore) with my German passport and take care of the applications there. Thanks in advance for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Simon | Mar. 05, 2010 01:43
Mr.BKKChris, I guess that the Chinese embassy in Bangkok will insist on processing the visa application on the basis of US passport because the work permit and Thai visa are on your US passport. You can have a try by providing your German passport, the copy of your work permit and Thai visa on your US passport.
Related Questions:
Dual citizen-can I use Phil passport to get Chinese visa in NY?
Asked by Anja from USA
| Jun. 16, 2015 20:08
I am a Chinese citizen who has obtained EU citizenship through naturalizati...
Asked by Mr.Carl from UK
| Mar. 15, 2011 00:33
If I use my Philippine passport flying from Manila to Beijing, do I need a...
Asked by Aurora from Philippines
| Dec. 23, 2013 00:52
Visa for EU citizen living in USA
Asked by Albert Paul from United States
| Aug. 01, 2018 20:14
I am an Estonian (and therefore EU) citizen currently living in Thailand. I...
Asked by Ms.Liisa from Estonia/Thailand
| Apr. 13, 2010 05:04
Hi, I am a dual Thai/Australian citizen with two passports currently in Ban...
Asked by Mr.Buddee from Thailand
| Jan. 03, 2011 22:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)