Asked by Ms.Lam from Canada | Mar. 03, 2010 03:01
About:Chinese Embassy in France


I am a Canadian citizen residing in France with a 1-yr student visa but no carte de sejour yet. I will be travelling to China for 2 weeks in June and will need to apply for a business visa. I will most likely not have my carte de sejour yet as I only just started the process and am waiting for my health check appointment which has taken other students 5 months to receive. Will my student visa for France and the 'recepisse' be sufficient to apply for the Chinese business visa in Paris, in absence of the carte de sejour?

Thank you in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Sabrina from France | Mar. 03, 2010 21:34
Ms.Lam, I think that your student visa for France and the recepisse are sufficent for you to apply for Chinese business visa in Paris, they can prove that you are entitled to stay in France. The recepisse can prove that you are in the process of residence permit application.
Related Questions:
Hello, I am an American citizen residing in France with a working visa (ca...
Asked by Ms.Dani from france/us
| Feb. 08, 2010 21:33
I am living in France and as a UK citizen I do not need a French visa or ca...
Asked by Mr.Bredenkamp from France
| Sep. 28, 2009 20:26
I live in France. I have 10 years CARTE DE RESIDENT but my nationality is B...
Asked by Mr.Romi from France
| Jul. 21, 2009 01:52
Hi, I am a canadian citizen residing in Abu Dhabi, I need to visit china ...
Asked by Mr.M.Tam from UAE
| Jul. 27, 2009 04:37
I am an Australian citizen who has been working for the WHO in Geneva. My c...
Asked by Mr.Stephen from Australia
| Sep. 21, 2009 20:09
Asking about Chinese visa
Asked by supit from nontamit
| Feb. 19, 2014 02:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)