Asked by Mr.Petrass from Australia | Feb. 17, 2010 18:03
About:Traveling Cost in China

I will be travelling to China (Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong) in April 2010. I am not sure of the best way to take money. Cash Passports from Travelex can be used with Hong Kong $ but not Chinese Yuan. For the Chinese money I am not sure about travellers cheques as I would have to first convert $AU to $US and then convert $US to Yuan meaning I would be paying two lots of fees. If I did go with travellers cheques can you use them in shops/stores to buy things or do they have to be cashed in at a bank first? It is around 20 years since I last used them. Can I use $HK within China itself (Beijing, Xian and Shanghai)? I do not want to rely on the credit card as they tend to hit fairly hard with exchange rates and fees. I am open to any suggestions.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.steve | Feb. 22, 2010 04:43
You may check this page to learn more about traveler's cheques.
Related Questions:
I am due for China April 6-21. Travelling from Hong Kong via Xian to Shangh...
Asked by Mr.guest from Mars
| Mar. 10, 2011 20:16
What is the temperature in April along the Yangtze & Xian, Beijing, Shangha...
Asked by Roger from USA
| Jul. 30, 2013 20:49
Is it good or bad to visit Beijing xian Shanghai in April ?
Asked by Gamini from Sri Lanka
| Jan. 11, 2017 19:45
What clothes to pack for China March 31st to April 15th 2013?
Asked by wcr_aviation from united states
| Mar. 10, 2013 00:39
what sort of clothing is recommended.
Asked by ss from India
| Apr. 04, 2015 04:52
can we get the tickets from Beijing for all travel
Asked by bruce from Australia
| Sep. 06, 2017 04:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)