Asked by Ms.Charlene Lilly from Canada | Jan. 12, 2010 03:41
About:China Embassy in Malaysia

Hi There.

I am a Canadian citizen travelling right now. I am currently in Singapore, but am leaving for KL, Malaysia in the next few days. I want to end up in Beijing for the beginning of February but I am worried about getting my Chinese Visa.

I was planning on getting an 'L' visa from KL while I was visiting there. Ideally, I would like to get a dual entry 6 month visa. Is it possible for a Canadian who is just visiting Malaysia to get this kind of visa there from the Chinese embassy? Or can I only get a single entrance visa? I will have a temporary tourist visa from the Malaysian immigration. Do I have to be working in Malaysia to get the visa? Or can I just be a tourist and get it?

If it's not possible, then can I get one from Singapore?

Also -- I was in Korea recently, and they told me that if I wasn't working in the country, I could not rush process a visa. Do you know if that's true for KL? I would like to get the visa in 3 days (the 6 month dual entry). I don't mind paying the extra fees if it's possible. I'm just worried because a lot of what I'd read on the internet said that I wouldn't be able to do that if I'm not working in Malaysia. But I think that was only consistent when the Olympics were going on.

If you could give me as much information as possible about getting a visa in KL (or, if I can't there, then Singapore) that would be great.

Thank you for answering my questions as quickly as possible!


Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Jan. 13, 2010 20:13
Ms.Charlene Lilly, you can't get a Chinese tourist visa in Singapore, Non-Singapore citizens shall provide documents that entitle them to reside for an extended period of time in the Singapore, such as a PR, WP, EP, STP, DP. Temporary visitors to Singapore should apply for a Chinese visa in their own country. For the special case, the visa officer has the rights to make the final decision on whether issuing a visa or not.

In Malaysia, you can't get a multiple entry L visa, either because you just hold a temporary tourist visa to Malaysia rather than a Malaysian long-term permit. In another hand, To apply for a Multiple Entry (L) Visa, the applicant shall meet the following requirements:

(1) The applicant is the husband/wife, or son/daughter, or parent of a Chinese citizen residing in Mainland China. Please submit proof of relationship, e.g. the original and the photocopy of a marriage certificate, a notary certificate of kinship etc. or,

(2) The applicant owns real estate in China. Please submit the original and a photocopy of the property ownership certificate.
Related Questions:
Hi there, I am a canadian citizen travelling to thailand. I have a 6 hour ...
Asked by Ms.sotto from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2010 01:48
I am Canadian citizen, right now tourist in Philippine, Need chinese visiti...
Asked by xuhong li from Canada
| Feb. 14, 2014 23:55
Do I require visa for Hong Kong
Asked by Mithlesh from Norway
| Oct. 09, 2017 21:41
Hi there ... I am a Canadian citizen and i live in China for 5 years , m...
Asked by Mr.Bingo from Canada
| Oct. 07, 2010 21:53
Chinese-Canadian, living in the US, will visit China
Asked by Shirley from USA
| May. 23, 2014 04:14
I am a Canadian citizen travelling around Asia, do I need a visa to go to S...
Asked by Ms.Christine from Canada
| Jan. 03, 2011 20:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)