Asked by Ms.Kris from Philippines | Oct. 19, 2009 01:53
About:Chinese Embassy in Philippines

My friend (Filipno) has travelled between Philippines and China (Shanghai and Beijing)several times already. He's been also extending his visa (L) in China up to 60 more days then has to exit per the policy. When he went to HK to get an L visa, he was advised to get it from his home country and so he travelled back to the Philippines by end of Sep.30. We asked an agency to handle the application but he was denied of the visa by China Embassy. Their reason is that he has been extending his tourist visa several times here. I just feel that this is so unfair. In the first place, the Bureau of Exit-Entry in China will not allow him to extend if the documents he is submitting are not valid. We are so disappointed because we actually thought it would be easier as he has been to China several times or his passport has several China visa but unfortunately it is the other way around. He even had to make an appearance and was interviewed by the Consul and was denied.

To add on our disappointment, his ticket has been booked and can only claim back less than half the price due to high charges. The agency that we asked to handle the application even charged us full price despite the fact that there is no visa issued which per my understanding means no payment is needed to the China Embassy. Does anybody know if agencies really have to pay processing fee to the China Embassy for this case and does the appearance of the applicant has cost? It's just so frustrating that the China Embassy has to charge the applicant even if there is no visa issued.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.helper | Oct. 19, 2009 03:14
Sorry to hear the story of Chinese visa application. I guess the agency charge you for their service rather than for the visa fee. Or the agency cheat you. In principal, the visa fee is paid when you collect your visa. If your visa application is denied, the visa fee is not charged.
Related Questions:
I am a Filipino by birth with a U.S passport spending my retirement years b...
Asked by Ms.Jo Domay from Philippines
| Dec. 05, 2010 02:17
Hello! Do we need an appointment for applying for a visa?
Asked by Ms.Vicky from USA
| Mar. 15, 2011 03:12
Hi! Last 2007 i travelled in Shanghai and my tourist visa has allowed me to...
Asked by Ms.Cecille from Philippines
| Apr. 12, 2010 03:45
My friend has tickets from shanghai to Moscow tomorrow and wants to change ...
Asked by Mr.Swan from Russia
| Dec. 01, 2009 00:44
What else do I need to take to get a tourist Visa?
Asked by Julie from USA
| Jul. 23, 2012 02:14
Hi , I am travelling to China on Thursday morning to Shanghai with a fri...
Asked by Mr.Louis from Ireland
| Feb. 12, 2011 19:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)