Asked by Mrs.Rachel from USA | Aug. 14, 2009 13:33
About:Chinese Embassy in U.S.A.

I am a US citizen who will be traveling as a tourist in Thailand for two-three months. I would like to go to Beijing directly after Thailand. Will I be able to apply for a Chinese visa as an American at the Chinese consulate in Bankok or will I need to do so before I leave the US?

I am concerned that if I apply for the Chinese visa before going to Thailand it will expire before I can use it. Please advise.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.LILIAN from China | Aug. 14, 2009 20:34
Mrs.Rachel, yes, if you apply for China visa too early, it will be expired before you go to China. However, I 'm not sure you can get a China visa from Thailand. The visa officer will ask you to provide residence permit or valid visa of Thailand if you want to apply for it in Bangkok. I don't know why such a regulation exists because some nationals don't need a visa to go t Thailand. You can have a try in Bangkok
Related Questions:
Can a U.S. citizen applying for China visa in Hong Kong(not resident of Hon...
Asked by guest from Thailand
| Jul. 21, 2011 04:10
Hi, I'm a U.S. citizen who is traveling from Laos to Thailand. I'd like ...
Asked by Mrs.Thapa from USA
| Mar. 09, 2009 20:25
Hello, I am a US citizen who and I am studying in India - I will be goi...
Asked by Mr.Kevin from USA
| Nov. 25, 2010 20:21
16 hour layover heading to my home country
Asked by Lacee from USA
| Nov. 28, 2017 00:03
Tourist visa for 2 nights?
Asked by Dayna from USA
| Feb. 19, 2016 01:28
Chinese Visa for Canadian
Asked by Sarah from Canada
| Dec. 20, 2011 20:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)