Asked by Ms.Sylvia from Japan | Jun. 28, 2009 06:39
About:Chinese Embassy in Japan

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a US citizen. I live in Japan and possess a one-year work visa that will expire in September of 2009. May I apply for a tourist visa to China? I want to visit next month and have been confused by previous discussions in this forum regarding the ineligibility of those who have not obtained longer term visas.

I plan to stay in China for approximately one month, returning to Japan in late August.

Thank you in advance for your help.


Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Shane | Jun. 28, 2009 21:57
Ms. Sylvia, I think you don't have the problem for applying for the L visa you have already had a long-stay Japanese visa(one-year work visa). For aliens who stay in Japan for a short stay(less than 3 months), they can also apply for a Chinese L visa by presenting their Japanese Landing Permission Seal.
Related Questions:
want to know the requirements it will take to apply for a china visa here i...
Asked by izuchukwu from nigerian
| Dec. 28, 2014 02:20
Does China still issue 6 month or 1 year multiple entry visas?
Asked by Robert Myers from Chile
| Jun. 15, 2013 03:08
Hi, I'm flying HND-SHA ,staying less than 72 hrs then on to SIN..Am I eligi...
Asked by Xavier from USA
| Aug. 08, 2014 22:22
I wanna ask if all invitation must be sealiated. and if needed, where?
Asked by grace from Philippines
| Apr. 04, 2015 02:53
Dear there, I am a Chinese citizen with a US green card. I am current r...
Asked by Mr.Bob from USA
| Apr. 26, 2010 03:11
Shanghai - 72 or 144 Hour Visit
Asked by John De Jesus from United States
| Jun. 27, 2018 01:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)