Asked by Brianna from United States | Mar. 29, 2024 00:46
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

USA to China

Hello, my itinerary is USA-Shanghai(2 days)-Hong Kong(2 days)-Shanghai-USA.
I will be flying to Shanghai after Hong Kong just to return back to the US.
Will the 144 hour visa apply to this trip?

Answers (1)
Answered by Borut | Mar. 31, 2024 06:57
You are fine with your entire itinerary.

Your first segment:

US - Shanghai - Hong Kong

Since your stay in Shanghai will be more than 24 hours long, it will be definitely eligible for 144 hour visa free transit and you do not need any kind of visa.

Your second segment:

Hong Kong - Shanghai - US

Where you will just shortly stop in Shanghai is covered by 24 hour visa free transit and you also do not need any kind of visa. In reality, you will just remain within airport where you will walk from the exit of your plane that you have arrived from Hong Kong, until the gate from where you will take a plane to US. You will not be a subject to immigration or customs control in this process, so you will just cross a short security check.

You are good to go.
Related Questions:
China is what size to usa
Asked by aaron from usa
| Jan. 23, 2015 21:18
can my wife renew her chinese passport in los angeles
Asked by elgin from usa
| Jul. 12, 2017 20:45
What are the requirements for vaccination while traveling to China from the...
Asked by Mr.Victor G from USA
| Sep. 22, 2009 21:00
Does People with USA Passport need Visa to Beijing China?
Asked by emanwell from USA
| Jan. 28, 2012 00:59
China post tracking no RG029296647CN from USA
Asked by rosa nieto from estados unidos
| Aug. 20, 2014 21:41
How USA tourists traveled China in 2015?
Asked by Gil from Usa
| Jan. 13, 2016 00:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)