Asked by Michael from USA | Mar. 01, 2023 12:01
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

Visa reset

I am an American holding an US Passport. I will be working in Mainland China (posses a 10 year multiple entry visa) and will be required to leave after 60 days to reset my visa. If I travel to Hong Kong for a couple days via train from Shenzhen, will that start the clock on my China Visa? Will I be required to take a PCR test 48 hours prior to traveling to HK from the mainland? Will I require a PCR test to return to Shenzhen?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jenny | Mar. 02, 2023 17:30
1. Yes, the entry from Hong Kong actives another 60 days.
2. PRC test is not required for those traveling from mainland to HK, as long as they haven't travelled to other countries or regions within 7 days before departure. For those traveling from HK to mainland, the requirement on PRC test is the same.

BTW, you may also go to local entry and exit administration office in mainland to extend the duration of stay.
Related Questions:
Does your duration of stay reset after exiting Mainland China and going to ...
Asked by Brendon from USA
| Apr. 27, 2018 00:52
Will entering and exiting Macau on the same day reset my 14 days allowable ...
Asked by John from Philippines
| Mar. 12, 2015 02:55
Entering Shenzhen, then Hong Kong, then Shenzhen again
Asked by Wee from Singapore
| Jan. 25, 2015 01:29
Is it OK to do a one day turnaround in HK?
Asked by Ade J from United Kingdom
| Sep. 17, 2016 03:40
60 day limit reset with Hong Kong
Asked by Jordan from USA
| Nov. 21, 2017 19:13
Does going to Shenzhen to Hong Kong and back to Shenzhen reset duration of ...
Asked by Kef from Singapore
| Dec. 08, 2013 03:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)