Asked by Stuck in KZ from South Africa | Jun. 19, 2020 09:49
About:China Tourist Visa

Family Q visa expired

I’m a South African citizen working in Kazakhstan and live in Guangzhou with my wife and 2 daughters. My wife and kids are Chinese citizens and I use a family visa to enter/exit China to come to work in Kazakhstan.

Due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions to China in place since 28 March I have been stuck in Kazakhstan for a very long time.

My family visa now expired on 5June and I am trying to find out if I can apply for a new visa to go home to my family in Guangzhou, and when will the borders open for foreigners to enter China again?

Answers (2)
Answered by Kama from USA | Jun. 21, 2020 20:58
It's hard to say. Keep attention on the latest news. If there is some information about reopenning, you will see it on the news.
Answered by Dean from SA | Jul. 06, 2020 22:21
You need to speak to the immigration department in China, since your wife is Chinese / PR in China then there should be no problem in letting you in, they will organise you a spousal or dependent visa for you to be allowed in.
Related Questions:
can i change my family visa to work Z
Asked by shafqat hussain from Pakistan
| Nov. 06, 2018 21:59
Changing visa from Q to X
Asked by elly from Nepal
| Jun. 10, 2016 22:30
Family visa issue
Asked by Mack from South African
| May. 14, 2018 22:21
Hi, I hold a Q-visa, am I able to work in China on a Q1 entry permit?
Asked by Joelle from The Netherlands
| Oct. 11, 2016 22:56
Does the Q visa restrict where you enter China and where you go in China on...
Asked by Grace from Canada
| May. 08, 2017 22:35
L visa change to Q type
| Sep. 13, 2015 00:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)