Asked by Raymond Wong from Malaysia | Feb. 04, 2020 19:48
About:24-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Vancouver to KL transit in Guangzhou for 15 hrs. Layover in Airport Hotel.Can get Temp Entry Permit?

My wife, daughter and I will be flying from Vancouver to Kuala Lumpur, transit in Guangzhou Baiyun Intl Airport.
Arrive at GuangZhou at 17:00 and departing for KL the next morning 08:30, ie 15.5 hours transit.
We will layover at the airport hotel provided by China Southern Airline. Do we need to apply for China visa or can we apply for Temporary Entry Permit at the Immigration.
We hold Malaysia passport

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Feb. 04, 2020 20:20
Back in October there were reports indicating that Malaysian passport holders need to get a transit visa or would be refused boarding. You need to contact China Southern's Malaysian office to see if this is still the case. Even if you don't need a visa to board, entry is at the discretion of the immigration officer when not holding a visa.
Related Questions:
we're Philippine passport holders, do we need transit visa?
Asked by Maria from Canada
| Dec. 08, 2013 03:51
My Wife is coming to California from Bangladesh in F-2 visa
Asked by razan from Bangladesh
| Mar. 19, 2018 03:09
layover in Guangzhou?
Asked by David from USA
| Dec. 12, 2013 00:45
Do I need any sort of Transit Visa for a layover of 2 hrs at CAN airport?
Asked by Pradipta Das from United States
| Aug. 23, 2017 01:36
LAX TO PVG TO DEL ( 15 hr layover in Shanghai )
Asked by Divik kashyap from USA
| Jun. 17, 2018 06:36
Guangzhou Airport Hotel for 21hr layover
Asked by Cat from Australia
| Sep. 12, 2013 02:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)