Asked by Albert from Australia | Sep. 10, 2019 06:28
About:Haikou Travel

My family and I will be traveling to Taipei from Sydney, with transit in Haikou in 10 days time.

I have just been informed today that our return flight on China Airline from Taipei to Haikou on 2 Oct has been cancelled. It has been changed to 30 September. But our flight from Hailou to Sydney by Hainan Airline , on 2 Oct has not changed. So we will be required to transit in Haikou for 50 hours waiting for connecting flight back to Sydney. We hold Australian and Malaysian passports. Would appreciate advice on the following

1. Do we need a Visa for transit in Haikou for 50 hours?
2. If so, what type of Visa is required?
3. Does it need to involve an agent?
4. What document(s) is required for the application?
5. What is the cost for the Visa and how long will it take.

Thank you and would be grateful for any assistance on the above.

Answers (1)
Answered by Aidan from Canada | Sep. 15, 2019 19:01
You can apply for a China visa on arrival. When you get to the VOA office at the border, just complete the application form, take a photo and pay the fee. The visa will be issued within 5 to 10 minutes. You may need to wait longer if the room is busy. It costs CNY 168 for applicants of most countries.
Related Questions:
Do I qualify for the 72 hour fee transit as a passport U.S. citizen?
Asked by Susan from Seoul
| Jun. 07, 2014 02:20
Sydney-Taipe-Shanghay-Soul-Hong Kong
Asked by William from Australia
| May. 24, 2018 04:19
Is this my travel route elligible for Visa free transit?
Asked by Andrew from Australia
| Sep. 15, 2016 21:22
Hello, I was wondering if I'm allowed to have 72 hours free transit visa
Asked by TANZIA RAHMAN from Australia
| Jan. 08, 2017 03:45
Will my partner and i be needing a visa?
Asked by garry from Australia
| Aug. 19, 2013 04:20
72-hour visa free transit
Asked by June from Australia
| Mar. 27, 2013 01:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)