Asked by Jack Thomson from Australia | Jul. 16, 2019 21:17
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Visa excemption rule

If I travel from Sydney Australia to Shanghai by Plane. Then from Shanghai to Hong Kong by Bullet train .,then from Hong Kong to Australia by Plane
Do I qualify for the Visa excemption Rule or would I have yo fly from Shanghai to Hong Kong

Answers (2)
Answered by Nancy from United Kingdom | Jul. 16, 2019 23:50
Jack, I heard that you can't take a bullet train from Shanghai to Hong Kong if you want to use 144h visa-free transit. You need to take a normal train or a plane.
Answered by ZUPAN | Jul. 17, 2019 10:42
Exactly. Only the conventional train departing from Beijing West railway station is eligible for 144 hour visa free transit. Also, it is very important to point out that you have to book a ticket for this train before your departure from Australia. You will receive an e-confirmation and your real ticket will be sent to your hotel where you will collect it upon your arrival in Beijing. Also, this train departs every other day, so careful planning is necessary to get the most of your time in Beijing. The alternative is plane, of course, but it has to be a nonstop flight.
Related Questions:
UK Male and Filipino Female staying for 22 stop over.
Asked by WeeManMne from England
| Feb. 15, 2013 21:43
im a citizen of germany and just landed in hong kong. my return flight is f...
Asked by Mr.steimetz from Germany
| Jan. 11, 2011 22:30
what is the rule to convert X visa to Z type?
Asked by USMAN from China
| Jun. 01, 2016 20:17
Im going on a trip to Hong Kong next October, but my flight will make a sto...
Asked by Mr.Manuel from US
| Aug. 18, 2010 22:15
Indian under employment pass and wish to visit China ?
Asked by Vivek from India
| May. 26, 2012 21:45
| Dec. 30, 2012 00:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)