Asked by Mario from United Kingdom | Mar. 10, 2019 01:04
About:China Embassy in U.K.

Appropriate travel document for my 1-year old to China (Chinese mother, non-Chinese father)

Hi, I have British and Italian nationalities. My son, 1 year old, holds the same both. My wife is Chinese and she has been in the UK for the past 3 years, so she doesn't have yet a British ILR. We are planning to travel to China in May to visit in-laws, and I am wondering what is the appropriate travel document. I thought my son would need a visa on his British passport like me, but, after searching online, it seems that this is not possible because he is considered a Chinese citizen, being born by Chinese mother that does not have settled status abroad. Can somebody please help here? Should I apply for a normal entry permit for him, or a Chinese Travel Document, as suggested online?

Answers (1)
Answered by Casey from Kuwait | Mar. 10, 2019 20:17
If your son has British and Italian passport, you can apply for a normal visa for him, I suppose. You can contact the visa office to inquire the details.
Related Questions:
Renew Chinese travel document for 7 years old
Asked by Lina from United Kingdom
| Jun. 11, 2018 21:38
Can I bring baby food pouch into China?
Asked by Lala from USA
| Feb. 05, 2018 00:30
document to state a person is alive and living in Australia
Asked by Janet from Australia
| Jan. 14, 2016 03:44
Visa Application for me and my husband both have Canadian passport
Asked by Carol from Canada
| Aug. 11, 2014 22:09
Valid z visa in old passport.
Asked by Sam from Ghana
| Jul. 04, 2016 03:09
I am going to meet my chinese girlfriend's mother for first time. What woul...
Asked by George from Canada
| Feb. 11, 2014 00:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)