Asked by Kris from United States | Mar. 06, 2019 11:34
About:Beijing Travel

If I am going on a cruise out of HKG but our airline stops in Beijing Capital Airport

so we are thinking of staying in PEK for a bit. I'm thinking of arriving PEK on Dec 31st from the U.S. and stay 2 nights before heading to HKG. Does this qualify for the transit visa? Do I need to do anything in advance or just visit the transit desk once we arrive PEK?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mia from USA | Mar. 06, 2019 22:45
If the cruise comes from the third region, you can qualify for the 144 visa free policy. The following are the steps to apply for it:
Inform the carrier when boarding - Fill an Arrival/Departure Card - Apply for the 144-hour visa-free stay permit upon arrival - Claim the luggage - Go through the customs - Leave the airport
Hope helpful!
Related Questions:
transfer from singapore airline to air china in beijing
Asked by Lee Chui Tho from Singapore
| Jun. 10, 2013 22:38
Do we need a Chinese visa if we go out of the Beijing Capital Airport?
Asked by Mrs.Carol from Canada
| Dec. 01, 2010 21:19
Hello, I am going to take the shuttle No.3 from airport to downtown which ...
Asked by Mrs.Mona from Canada
| Nov. 13, 2009 19:20
Our cruise ship stops for 24 hours at Shenzhen
Asked by Shane Bibby from United Kingdom
| Aug. 08, 2018 20:04
Where to catch the Bus from Gongzhufen→ Beijing Capital Airport (Line 4)
Asked by Manuel from USA
| Oct. 19, 2013 22:14
Canadian travelling to India with two layovers on China
Asked by Raj from Canada
| Apr. 22, 2018 20:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)