Asked by Mab from USA | Dec. 20, 2018 11:41
About:China Visa Application in USA

Is it possible to apply for a visa free transit stamp for a flight with two layovers in China?

My flight begins with a departure from the
USA around 2am on a Thursday, followed by a 12 hour and 50 minute layover in Beijing Friday morning and a 12 hour and 45 minute overnight layover in Chengdu before reaching the final destination in Kathmandu the next morning. I would like to sightsee in Beijing and sleep in a transit hotel in Chengdu.
The layovers are slightly over 24 hours, but the two layovers may be an issue. Please clarify for me.

The return flight has short layovers, I plan to stay within the airport on the way back to The USA.

Answers (1)
Answered by Yolanda from Denmark | Dec. 20, 2018 19:28
As your layover time is China is more than 24 hours, you won't qualify for the free transit. You are supposed to apply for a visa before your trip.
Related Questions:
Can anyone give me details on the required pages on passport needed for the...
Asked by ajazz from USA
| Dec. 16, 2017 16:45
I will be traveling with two layovers in China. Do I qualify for a 24 hour ...
Asked by Barbara from USA
| Feb. 26, 2017 20:22
USA Passport
Asked by Mel from USA
| Aug. 31, 2017 01:16
What type of transit visa do I need?
Asked by Josh Brown from United states
| May. 23, 2018 21:07
25 Hour 30 Min Transit
Asked by zeeshan from Bangladesh
| Oct. 09, 2018 23:34
Im traveling to Hanoi from San Francisco with 2 layovers in China.
Asked by Paulina F from USA
| Dec. 29, 2017 03:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)