Asked by Ponto from Austria | Dec. 10, 2018 07:46
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

What happens if my flight to China is delayed and I'm not able to catch my connection flight.

I am (EU Citizien) planing to travel from Europe via Moscow (connection only) to Shanghai - having a 1 day Stopover - and than continue my travel (with a separate booked flight) from Shanghai to Bangkok (Thailand).

For me it looks like that there wont be a problem of getting the 72 h free Transit - right?

My question is: What happens (in Terms of migration to China) if my flight from Europe is massively delayed or cancelled and i 'm arriving to late to catch my connecting flight on the next day from Shanghai to Bangkok? I can't show the migration staff at the 72h free transit-Desk my Connetion-Ticket because i missed the flight- Do i have to book a new flight inside the Transit area than - so that i'm allowed to get the free Transit? Or is there a special Visa for this case?

Answers (1)
Answered by Solomon from San Marino | Dec. 10, 2018 19:04
Your trip qualifies for the free transit in Shanghai. In your case, I assume that you can try to book a new flight inside the transit area to apply for the free transit scheme. You are advised to contact that immigration counter to confirm that beforehand. Good luck.
Related Questions:
RC461152884CN what happens to my shipment?
Asked by AM from Sweden
| Mar. 02, 2014 01:03
Hello I will be travelling to China from London,UK on the 12 Sept. I will...
Asked by Mrs.rajababoo from london
| Aug. 21, 2009 21:29
I will be traveling with Air China from UK to HK stopping at Capital Airpor...
Asked by Ann from United Kingdom
| Jul. 29, 2016 01:12
On my outward journey to Australia and then return to London.
Asked by Richard Blum from United Kingdom
| Mar. 31, 2014 02:42
Am travelling from IAH to MNL with a 15 hour layover in PEK. With my USA p...
Asked by Wennie T from USA
| Jul. 09, 2017 21:12
I have a connecting flight to China, do they still check the amount of mone...
Asked by Nadine from Philippines
| Dec. 07, 2016 21:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)