Asked by Jen from USA | Oct. 26, 2018 13:58
About:China Work Visa

Can you leave China for vacations during work time frame in China?

My husband is an American citizen with valid 10 year multiple entry L to China. He has use it twice already for short trips to visit me. Now he wants to work in China to stay with me long term. According to your article, he can apply for a Z in US, assuming he finds an employer will hire him for 5 years, enter China, and get the resident permit for 5 years. During the 5 years, if we want to leave China to travel or visit families in US, can he enter and exit China using his existing L? or what else can he use? because the Z will be voided when he enter china

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Oct. 28, 2018 08:31
He will be required to report to the Entry and Exit Administration office to get a multi-entry residence permit within 30 days of entering China which will be used for entering and exiting China (the permit itself functions just like a visa). His L will be canceled when he applies for the Z visa.
Related Questions:
Chinese entry permit
Asked by Eric Stretton from New Zealand
| Mar. 17, 2015 01:25
I am an American, arriving in Beijing from Mongolia via the Trans-Mongolian...
Asked by Will from USA
| May. 30, 2014 04:08
If you I do not use my Z visa to enter China due to time frame and it has g...
Asked by Mr.Eddie Matherne from USA
| Feb. 23, 2010 03:12
Hello Im russian citizen, going for about one-week vacations to Thailand....
Asked by Ms.Polina from China
| Mar. 09, 2009 20:14
Flight to beijing stay for two nights then flight to south korea
Asked by Ali from USA
| Mar. 23, 2017 00:32
My husband and I will be traveling to New Zealand in February 2014 and will...
Asked by Roxanne from Netherlands
| Jun. 01, 2013 03:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)