Asked by Jay from United Kingdom | May. 10, 2018 17:23
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Visiting for 5 Months

Hi I am a British citizen.

I would like to visit China, and study Chinese and martial arts for 2 months, and the remaining three months, I will be travelling as a tourist.

I will be doing this as a long period of travel around Asia. So although I have potential tentative dates in mind, I can not provide certainties of exact dates, but can be close to within a few weeks.

I would like to know what type of visa do I need to apply?
If I should apply from the UK, or whilst I am travelling abroad? I will be in countries such as Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong etc.

What do I need to provide in order to attain the visa?

I appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Emma from Germany | May. 10, 2018 22:24
Hi, you can try to apply for a tourist L type for that trip. It's possible for you to apply for it from a 3rd country. But you are advised to apply for a 2-year one which costs the same as single-entry one from the CVASC in your country. The 2-year one will allow you to enter and exit China for multiple times within 2 years. It will be preferable.
Related Questions:
We are leaving NZ in Nov to go to Europe for 5 months and are visiting frie...
Asked by Mrs.Johnstone from New Zealand
| Sep. 21, 2009 03:26
Australian citizen on holiday in Ireland and needing a Chinese visa
Asked by Heather from Ireland
| May. 06, 2014 03:30
Which part of the Wall would you suggest?
Asked by Mrs.Jensen from Denmark
| Sep. 24, 2010 03:19
what is the dreaming month to visit Urumqi please explain in detailed
Asked by Raza Ullah from Pakistan
| Jul. 30, 2013 01:44
Hi, I am visiting Beijing next week from november 26 till december 3 with ...
Asked by Mr.Ronnie from Lebano
| Nov. 16, 2009 19:25
Can I visit two cities within this week? Is that allowed? Thank you 😊
Asked by Xang from Davao
| Jul. 01, 2018 22:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)