Asked by Queens from USA | Apr. 22, 2018 17:48

Beijing visa question

I/we are going to Beijing for 3 days (after Taiwan). From what I understand, we do not need a Visa , if we will be in Beijing for three days. BUT, we plan to visit Hong Kong, then return to Beijing, and head home (USA) from there.
Now what?!?!?! Because, now we will be in Beijing for a total of MORE THAN three days.
And also: Do we need a Visa to visit Hong Kong, or any other part of China, for that matter?
Please answer BOTH questions. Appreciate it. Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Amy | Apr. 26, 2018 03:29
For your information, travelers who hold US passport can stay in Hong Kong without visa for 90 days.

For the mainland China, the Chinese visa is required generally. However, if you fly from Taiwan to Hongkong and transit in Beijing, you can apply for the 72-hour visa free transit at Beijing Capital International Airport. And for your return trip of Hong Kong-Beijing-US, you can also apply for the visa free transit when you arrive in Beijing. Hope the information helps.
Related Questions:
What tours are there between March 11th to the 15th?
Asked by Margie from USA
| Feb. 16, 2016 19:44
I hold Indian passport. I am travelling From Calgary-Vancouver-Beijing-Mumb...
Asked by Roshan Rodrigues from India
| Oct. 29, 2015 20:47
just a follow up question... we're planning to visit beijing on july, 2011....
Asked by Ms.sarah from Viet Nam
| Jan. 23, 2011 20:58
Travelling on China Southern Airlines, Melbourne to Amsterdam return, fligh...
Asked by Elwyn from Syers
| May. 09, 2012 23:01
If you apply for a regular tourist visa and it fails, can you still do this...
Asked by J from U.S.
| Jan. 01, 2018 19:59
Can we use 72 hr visa free transit? Merry Christmas!
Asked by Aika from USA
| Dec. 25, 2014 03:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)