Asked by Ella from United Kingdom | Jan. 23, 2018 11:33
About:China Student Visa

transfer through china before studying

I'm planning on travelling in south east asia before going up to china to start a year studying abroad but in order to get part of my travel reimbursed i need to fly to beijing first (i'll then just get a cheap flight to bangkok or somewhere else in south east asia). Obviously i'll have a student X type for china but will this be an issue for me transferring through the country as i'm aware i have to apply for a residence permit within 30 days of arrival in china and i was planning on being in south east asia for more than 30 days. Essentially will i go through immigration while transferring through beijing and will this result in my visa being activated?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ellie from Ireland | Jan. 24, 2018 00:39
Ella, when you transit in Beijing, you can tell the consular officers that you want to use the free transit this time instead of your student X type. In this way, you can save your student X type for next entry.
Related Questions:
Is 2 hours enough to transfer from domestic to international flight at PEK?...
Asked by T from Canada
| Sep. 23, 2014 01:11
I'm a Nigerian studying in India willing to transfer to a university in Chi...
Asked by Adeleke Folakemi Idayat from Nigeria
| Nov. 21, 2015 20:55
Assistance with clearances
Asked by Lungile Vuma from Zimbabwe
| Aug. 04, 2016 22:43
Is it possible to pay in the embassy directly by credit card?
Asked by Beata from Slovakia
| Aug. 01, 2016 22:38
i am studying in china. do i need to get an arrival visa before coming to m...
Asked by prabin from United States
| Sep. 02, 2011 04:05
Is it possible to leave the Beijing Capital Airport and visit Beijing witho...
Asked by Ms.Chau N from USA
| Jan. 04, 2011 03:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)