Asked by Amy Tom from USA | Jan. 22, 2018 16:14
About:China Visa Exemption

Requirement of third destination country for Beijing 72-hr free transit policy

Warm greetings!
Our cruise will leave Inchon, Korea and arrive Tianjin on March 27, 2018 via Celebrity Millennemium for 3 days, then continuing on to Jesu Island, Korea again before heading onto Baoshan (Shanghai) as the final destination. We're US passport holders and are planning to join a 3 days tour in Beijing and stay 2 nights post-cruise in Shanghai. I have read your website regarding the 72 hrs free transit for Beijing and 144 hrs free transit for Shanghai. I'm still not sure how to interpret "the third country" policy. Since we will be leaving Korea to Tianjin then back to Korea again before arriving at Shanghai on April 1st. Does going back to Korea again count as third country? Do we need a tourist L type just for the 3 day tour in Tianjin? very confusing. Please help.

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Jan. 22, 2018 19:58
You do need a tourist L type considering that there's no third country involved. However you can apply for a 10-year visa as a US citizen.
Related Questions:
korea- shanghai- nepal
Asked by cedric from France
| Jan. 09, 2018 15:33
Need Visa?
Asked by USTraveler from USA
| Nov. 15, 2017 16:43
Can I use 72hr transit visa to fly HK - Shanghai - Macau? Does Macau count ...
Asked by Derek from HK
| Jan. 06, 2016 03:08
u.s. resident for 72-hour visa in beijing
Asked by peter from u.s.
| Sep. 06, 2016 20:10
SFO to NRT to ICN to PEK to SFO
Asked by Steven from USA
| Nov. 13, 2013 02:06
if i fly for shanghai on a 72 hours visa ( now 144 hours ) can i leave for ...
Asked by ksn from denamrk
| Feb. 23, 2016 03:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)