Asked by Chelsea from Australia | Dec. 23, 2017 02:03
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Can I apply to extend my Q2 type if I'm a minor and not visiting a direct relative?

Hi. sorry in advance for the long post 😂 this is all a bit frustrated

I'm on a Q2 type for 30 days visiting family in China. It would have been for longer but I applied for the single entry one in Singapore (sudden change in holiday plans) and not in Australia, where I believe it would have been for 3 months. And my parents both have multiple entry family reunion visas so they have 90 days.

My parents are both Australian, but my mom's siblings are in China. She's visiting them(direct relatives) and since I'm 17 and still a minor, I'm just here with her. I went to enquire about extending my Q2 type, but they said that since I don't have any direct relatives (my grandma and grandpa on both sides have already passed away) in China, I probably won't be allowed to extend my Q2 when the 30 days are almost up. My parents booked round trip tickets, so they're hoping more to try to extend my Q2 type rather then go home when my Q2 is expired. Also, my parents plan to return to Australia in Feb, but school holidays end for me on Jan 29 and my ticket is for Jan 27, and since I go to a boarding school in another state in Australia, I literally have no where to stay if I have to go home when my Q2 expires. So, you can see why I'm so eager to find ways to extend my Q2 type.

I'm in Shandong at the moment, and my mom's sister is in Gansu, so we're going there soon, and since they said that all the different provinces go about these things with their own set of rules, I was wondering if anyone here could please give me some advice on the matter.
Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alex from New Zealand | Dec. 24, 2017 21:50
If so, you can go to Gansu to try to apply for the extension 7 days earlier before your Q2 type expires. Good luck!
Related Questions:
Is it possible to extend Q2 type in China?
Asked by Janet Lim from Malaysia
| Jun. 27, 2017 20:46
L visa and Q2
Asked by Rosemarie Baquiran from Philippines
| Oct. 17, 2017 21:02
Hello dear. My wife is Chinese citizen from china.
Asked by Omar from Gambia
| Jul. 10, 2017 21:52
Can a Guyanese national apply for a VISA at the Chinese Embassy in the USA?...
Asked by Abby from United States
| Feb. 04, 2017 20:50
I have a Q2 visa good for 120 days in china, can I apply for a temporary re...
Asked by SJ from USA
| Aug. 26, 2014 21:50
Information about it extended China visa
Asked by Jan from Pakistan
| Dec. 02, 2015 21:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)