Asked by Pierre from Belgium | Oct. 05, 2017 22:47
About:China Visa on Arrival

From Belgium to Schenzhen, from Schenzhen to Hong Kong. Spending 10 days in Hong Kong then come back

Hi all,

I am currently a Belgian expat living in Hong Kong. I have friends coming to visit me in Hong Kong end of October. However, their plane only land in Schenzhen (it was cheaper than landing in HK) and their goal is to directly go to HK and spend the 10 days there. Afterwards, they go back to Schenzhen to take their plane back.

I suppose they don't have to apply for a full Chinese visa (which cost quite a lot)? Can they apply for the 5 days Schenzhen VOA when they arrive in Shenzhen and then go directly to HK? How about when they come back to Schenzhen to take their plane back to Belgium? Will they have to apply for another 5 days just to be able to reach their plane?

Thanks a lot in advance!! Cheers


Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Oct. 06, 2017 18:31
Your friends need double-entry visas because a) you cannot get Shenzhen VOAs at the airport, only at land borders, and b) it is unclear whether Shenzhen VOA holders are allowed to exit through the airport.
Related Questions:
what is the cheapest and most convienient mean of transport to hongkong fro...
Asked by Ms.patricia chok from malaysia
| May. 19, 2010 01:04
what is the easiest route form Hong Kong airport to Schenzhen
Asked by Paulb from United Kingdom
| Aug. 16, 2011 19:42
Hi! I am planning to go Hong Kong - Schenzhen - Guangzhou from 8/1/2010 to ...
Asked by Ms.Rina from Brunei
| Nov. 18, 2009 22:58
can travel visa-free from Hong Kong to Schenzhen for 1 day?
Asked by Nina from Hawaii, USA
| Feb. 03, 2017 20:02
US citizen flying into HKG for about 30 hours, and would like to stay in a ...
Asked by victorygirl from USA
| Jul. 08, 2013 03:05
Am I allowed to have VOA if I apply at the border?
Asked by Theresa from Philippines
| Mar. 05, 2015 00:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)