Asked by Jasmin from USA | Sep. 20, 2017 22:29
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

USA citizen needing to get Chinese Visa while in Costa Rica

I am a us citizens and live in the USA. I will be visiting Costa Rica for 3 months starting in January. I need to get entry permit to visit China in April. Can I get one at the chines consulate/embassy in Costa Rica?

Answers (5)
Answered by Frank from France | Sep. 20, 2017 22:56
Jasmin, it's possible to get it from the Chinese consulate/embassy in Costa Rica as long as you have valid residence permit in there. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's rather difficult for you to get it.
Answered by Jasmin from USA | Sep. 21, 2017 07:47
Thank you for the info. I will just be staying there as a tourist so I will not have residence permit. My departure date for China is April 18th. I return from Costa Rica on April 1st. Would you say that is enough time to get my entry permit?
Answered by Frank | Sep. 21, 2017 20:44
It usually takes four working days for the processing, so you have enough time for that.
Answered by Jasmin from USA | Sep. 21, 2017 22:24
One last question. If I apply for a 1yr Visa that means I can apply for it really at any time before my trip correct? If I apply let's say on November... I would be good for April 18th correct? No expiration on when I can enter as long as it is during the 1yr? Do you know if it takes longer to process 1yr and 10yr entry permits?
I am referring to applying for it while in the USA.
Answered by Frank | Sep. 22, 2017 00:50
You are right. You can apply for a 1yr or 10yr visa at present, and you can enter China on April 18th as long as you can get 1yr or 10yr one. It won't take longer time, usually four working days are needed to process the application.
Related Questions:
i live in USA but can i apply chinese visa in costa rica?
Asked by kunkhen lodge from USA
| May. 25, 2016 02:44
Application for Visa by USA citizen
Asked by Clio Rowell from USA
| Dec. 09, 2014 21:16
How long is the regular time to get a Visa for a Costa Rican citizen to tra...
Asked by Rachel from USA
| Oct. 09, 2014 02:18
Obtaining Z visa not in your home country.
Asked by David from Australia
| Jul. 06, 2016 21:48
transit visa for filipino citizens
Asked by ami
| Feb. 29, 2012 19:15
I will be traveling to San Jose, Costa Rica in April 2011. I plan to travel...
Asked by Mr.Johnston from USA
| Mar. 22, 2011 21:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)