Asked by Bobby P from USA | Aug. 12, 2017 00:42
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Can I apply for TRP with L or X 2 type, or does it need to be X1?

I may need to leave before receiving my JW 201 and letter, or I may not have time to apply in person as required for X1. Can I arrive with any visa and apply for temporary residence once I arrive with proper forms from university?

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from Morocco | Aug. 14, 2017 02:25
No, you cannot get temporary residence permit with an L type or X2 type. You need to apply for an X1 type and then you can apply for the temporary residence permit.
You can apply for a tourist L type to enter China and then try to change it to an X1 type. In this case, you can also apply for the residence permit. But in order to play safe, you’d better apply for an X1 type in your home country.
Related Questions:
Extend the temporary residence permit(TRP)
Asked by Masa from Slovakia
| Jun. 08, 2018 04:31
I have an employment visa issued by chinese embassy in India. It is valid ...
Asked by ahmed from India
| Jun. 16, 2011 03:19
My application of Temporary Residence Permit is denied, can I take up the m...
Asked by azam from India
| Jun. 23, 2011 22:29
Transferring Temporary Resident Permit
Asked by Shirley Buhse from USA
| Oct. 13, 2014 20:25
Is it okay if I apply for the X1 2 months earlier? Will it reduce my stayin...
Asked by Ha from Vietnam
| Jul. 11, 2018 19:07
if i want to apply from Nigeria how can i do that
Asked by kolawole from Nigeria
| Oct. 30, 2015 04:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)