Asked by David from United Kingdom | Feb. 28, 2017 05:32
About:China Private Visit Visa

Tourist or S1 or S2?


My UK Civil Partner is currently working in China. I want as much flexibility as possible to visit up to a couple months at a time, but also to be able to exit and re-enter China over the next year or so. Should I just apply for a multi-entry tourist L type? If he provides the invitation letter to stay at his accommodation, should it even mention our Civil Partnership, as this isn't legally recognised in China anyway? I see previous comment that S type either are for single entry, either long or short, and you must stay in China for duration of that visa type.

Answers (1)
Answered by Kevin from Ireland | Feb. 28, 2017 20:19
If you two have got married, you can apply for an S1 type for China, and then you can apply for a residence permit which can allow you to enter and exit China for multiple times within its validity. The validity may be one year or more.
But if you cannot provide the marriage certificate, you can only apply for a 2-year multiple-entry tourist L type for China. It will be a preferable choice.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)