Asked by wendy Wingad from UK | Feb. 25, 2017 08:58
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Hi = does visa exemption apply please advise

We have to fly via Beijing to get to our destination - we could not get direct flights and have to go via China. When we fly back we come into Shanghai via cruise ship at port - we have to fly back via beijing .

We got under 72 hours in shanghai and then start the flight home, but since we have to fly vai beijing we wondered if the 144 free transit applies and we can break the flight and do under 72 hours at beijing, then fly on.

Answers (1)
Answered by Gloria from Australia | Feb. 27, 2017 00:59
Wendy, so you mean you will fly back home from Shanghai via Beijing? If so, you do not qualify for the 144hrs free transit or 72hrs free transit. Only if you are sure that your total layover in the two cities is less than 24 hours, you qualify for the free transit policy.
Related Questions:
Does a personnel holding to South Korean Passport need to apply for a to wo...
Asked by Mr.Sim from Singapore
| Apr. 13, 2009 23:07
Visa required for a 4 day stay in shanghai for Canadian and EU citizen (not...
Asked by Tina from Canada
| Feb. 05, 2018 20:51
Pakistan training in Shanghai, China
Asked by Angeline from Singapore
| Dec. 08, 2014 20:33
VISA required to go to Abu Dhabi for a Malaysian passport holder will be in...
Asked by Ahmad from Malaysia
| Sep. 29, 2011 02:50
Visa Exemption 15 days
Asked by Jennifer Tan from Singapore
| Nov. 04, 2012 20:12
Visa Requirements. Thank you
Asked by Jeremy from Australia
| Mar. 20, 2018 12:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)