Asked by Paula from USA | Feb. 25, 2017 07:16
About:China Visa

Visa for cruise ship passengers

Hi, we will be arriving April 26th on Ovation of the Seas to Tianjin. We will then go directly to PEK for a flight return to US, is a Visa required in this instance? I have gotten several different answers from the cruise line as well as checking with China tour operators. The way I found your website was actually with a cruise agent who read your site and interpreted the 24hr, 72hr and 144hr to mean we do not need to obtain one. However I spoke with a tour operator and they said they believed I do need this as we will be transiting from Tianjin to Beijing vs going from the port of Tianjin to Tianjin airport, remaining in the same city for under 24 hours. We are concerned over the conflicting information we are receiving, please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Hilary from USA | Feb. 27, 2017 00:34
Hi Paula! If your layover time in Tianjin and Beijing is less than 24 hours, I don't think you will need the transit G type. I advise you to contact Beijing Immigration to confirm this. Tel: 0086-10-56095400
Related Questions:
do these transit rules apply to cruise ship passengers
Asked by gerard eagleton from United Kingdom
| Nov. 16, 2015 20:51
Do cruise ship passengers visiting Bejing & Shanghai (not getting off ship)...
Asked by Sylvia Weller from USA
| May. 31, 2016 21:02
Is the 72 hours VISA - free transit available for cruise ship passengers ar...
Asked by JD ROLLAND from France
| Feb. 13, 2013 23:07
Why is a transit visa not given to cruise ship passengers who visit usually...
Asked by Frank elliot from Australia
| Sep. 13, 2014 01:55
Do we need a visa for this?
Asked by Carlos Tiu from Australia
| Jun. 06, 2013 03:10
Is a Visa required for cruise ship passengers visiting Xingang (Beijing), C...
Asked by Mr.Gillespie from USA
| Mar. 27, 2011 01:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)