Asked by brianna from USA | Feb. 24, 2017 09:35
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Do i need a visa coming from the USA with this itinerary ?

Im flying from San Francisco to Tokyo in April.
We have a 16 hour layover in shanghai but we land at one airport and leave from another (still in shanghai).
then we leave the following day to continue our journey to Tokyo.
On the way back we have a stop again in shanghai only for 2 hours and then another stop in Qingdao over night and then fly home the next morning.

Answers (1)
Answered by leo | Feb. 24, 2017 14:55
It's quite OK to arrive in one Shanghai airport and leave from the other.
On your return, if there is less than 24 hours between your arriving in Shanghai and departing from Qingdao then you won't need a visa.
Related Questions:
I would be coming from the USA do I need a special visa to go to the island...
Asked by Mark Mckee from usa
| Jul. 16, 2014 20:26
I am coming from the USA to Shanghai, and returning to the USA with less th...
Asked by Mr.Robert from USA
| Jul. 11, 2010 20:51
Hi, I hold a Philippines passport with a J1 USA visa. My itinerary will be...
Asked by Ms.Niza from Phil.
| Feb. 16, 2011 02:11
Coming from the Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, where do I apply for a visa?
Asked by Manfred Leffer from Mars
| May. 16, 2011 21:22
7-hour layover in Shanghai
Asked by jim from USA
| Feb. 27, 2018 21:45
USA to Tokyo for 3 days then fly to Shanghai for 4 days and then fly to Hon...
| Feb. 25, 2017 01:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)